Monday 7 September 2009

My Pitch references - (works I could emulate)

 


(Click for more detail)


OR




These videos are from M.I.A's video artist, Daniel Swan - he has a thing for hunting down 
beautiful videos of youtube and the combining them:





He also applies video effects, or homemade overlays:


 


My favourite film by him is this one, called, Travelling: 





He simply keys out luma or chroma (light + colour) then places it on top of another piece of footage. I liked the Travelling one as it has this whole 3D small world thing going on which I'm interested in emulating. In this video, he utilizes explosions instead of strobing for M.I.A's stage video feed: 





I Think using Daniel Swan's style would be a fantastic way of hitting my demographic dead-on. MIA is a popular artist among the crowd I need to interest, and a large part of her popularity is from her imagery. I could easily emulate that imagery for this.




No comments:

Post a Comment