Sunday 6 September 2009

A Bit about Sean Holland

Sourced from: http://dancemusic.about.com/cs/interviews/a/IntSeanHolland.htm:

Emmerald: How long have you been DJing?
Sean Holland: About twelve or thirteen years. I’ve been collecting records since I was a little kid, you know bugging my mom, when I was at Target for the 45’s.

Emm: What sort of music do you normally play?
SH: I play all kinds of music. I like to change the rhythm up, I don’t like it to be 4/4 all the time, I like a lot of hip-hop, I like a lot of reggae. As long as it’s going to work the crowd out and everybody has a good time I’ll play it. I usually say that I play dance music rather than house music or this or that, I don’t really try and classify it.

Emm: Sean, you're a DJ, you run the Coco Machete record label, and you handle distribution for several records labels. Can you give us a little more detail on what you do day to day?
SH: Well, I pay my rent by putting out records, definitely. I deal with a lot of the nuts and bolts for new upcoming labels at a music distribution company in New York called Syntax Music and Syntax Recordings. I handle all their manufacturing, all their promotion, just the nuts and bolts stuff. So the guys who own the labels can handle the artistic side of the music and identity, and the artwork and everything like that. They get to do the fun stuff; I get to do the hard stuff. It works though.

Emm: What is your web address?
SH: It's www.cocomachete.com And there you can check out everything, bios on all the artists, you can listen to everything, there’re mixes online, everything. We have a shop opening up soon online where you can buy MP3’s or records, whichever format you choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment