Friday 4 September 2009

The conversation between me and Sean Holland

OUR commission worked in a more unorthodox way, whereby it was US who went out looking for a client, rather than the client looking for us. The Steps went like this:

SEE THIS POST FOR REFERENCE TO STEPS:


1.
We research into record labels, finding out contact details and creating emails that link them to previous works and designs to give an insight of our capabilities and style. We await feedback to see if they do need a product publicising and if they don't we use something they have that still hasn't been.


The Email I sent is in the post below, but the reply is got is here:


Hi,
how about Fukkk Offf ?/ good artist for that ?
Sean Holland
www.cocomachete.com



Sean Holland manages a label called CoCoMachete and within that, an electro DJ collective called Fukkk offf - I dont understand the choice of name but their sound is good. It was great to get a response so quick so I jumped at them





Here is my reply:


Hiya

Yeah, bit confused by the email - "How about Fukkk Offf" hahaha!
But yes that sounds great, was really hoping Bastian would be up for that..
If you get him to email me as soon as possible I'll get started. Here's a list of the kinds of equipment at my disposal:

Semi-Pro Sony HDR-FX1 HD Cam - This is used a lot by many film makers, versatile and a great spec.

Tripods (with/w.out wheels)

Photography lighting equipment

Semi-Pro Nikon Cameras - Good for Photography (stills/backdrops etc.)

The Junction music venue's open space - it has plenty of room for blue-screen and lighting
http://www.junction.co.uk/
You can check out some of these links for an insight into my current thoughts for this projects aesthetics:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgtlZT9UU3uf6qDD4iwP6yFNjI50v3xWWPIgwj4bBEgvwT8fum-xNsQm7gwDWgM8fU88UKb6cTr9Fmy4UWhMUq7qA3YJQ7r__VIV_QHtUc29nVWZMD6GUUOnG6zfrhMkR5kb6LqB5KMLbI9/s1600-h/Image0002.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8qcGOtBFw 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ODe9mqoDE 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWWkgx2Stc

Thanks very much, I'll keep you updated on my thoughts for the video



And his:


Hi, I can manage most of everything here...let me know what you need I would use More Than Friends, the Markus Lange Mix here you go 
www.cocomachete.com/sean/trax/ccm047_320mp3.zip 
Sean Holland
www.cocomachete.com


And mine:

Excellent, the Dub Remix sounds the most suiting, beat-wise that is, allowing a nice rhythm and pace to cut to.. Earlier I was wondering if there is any trivia or corporate visual identity that you want featured in the video? I have a storyboard in the works right now and i'll email a pic as soon as possible ( : 


And his:


Hi, I like the Markus Lange mix best for a video if you can as it's the most commercial remix...very pop I am on facebook & twitter but e.mail is best for day to day...only use those for promotions really looking forard to whatcha got very cool 
Sean Holland
www.cocomachete.com



2.
The usual 'step 2' is skipped, as we've presented ourselves have have also been accepted. The Label knew we were only doing a video for them and weren't told about the digi-pack as it was a side task. It was up to them if they wanted to have the unofficial music video on their myspace/official page


3.
Permission was given with a very lenient brief - allowing us to present our ideas and sere what they want also - I had little to no input from my label so I just went ahead with what I thought was suitable. The only thing Sean Holland Specified was the track.








4.
I presented my rough cut and got little feedback. I've carried on from this point, nearly finishing and polishing the music video as much as possible. To do this I borrowed a laptop I was working on at college and have used it at home through the night, giving me an extra 7 hours a night extra time on it. Because I used Final Cut for many of the effects, the SFX procedures took a lot longer but looked even cooler.




No comments:

Post a Comment