Saturday 3 October 2009

Scratched Ideas for the Music Video

Here are some previous pieces of work I've done, experimenting with cutting to music.


A Cambridge Summer Montage from Hayden Martin on Vimeo.



Underage Drinking Documentary Montage from Hayden Martin on Vimeo.



The Creative Media Course Advert from Hayden Martin on Vimeo.

As you can see, I have a flair very similar to Chris Cunningham's, using contrast shifts, rapid cutting, fast and slow footage as well as colour correction - I feel that they translated over well to the finished product, although, this time, I tried to make sure it looked more up to date, taking away that dated 90's cunningham subject/theme matters of dark, macabre and gritty environments.





AND beneath is a brilliant combination of both Cunningham's style and Video mashing!



When coming up for music video ideas, I really was'nt sure exactly what to go with (story-wise that is. My technique was already planned).

After watching a promo video for the upcoming clothing sportswear company, New Power Studio, I had been thinking very much about Olympic and F1 themes for a video (in terms of aesthetics that is).



As well as this I also looked at Christopher Shannon's new clothing line, based heavily on a combination of early 90's and circa millenium sport/luxury clothing designs - his whole imagery is very synthetic and ironically chavvy, but in a very beautiful way.


The Animatrix episode "World Record" has played a huge inspiration too - I loved it's slow motion and cel-shaded appearance, bringing out every sinew, muscle and contortion of the athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment