Sunday 4 October 2009

Kit that I've used



Annotation of the image:
-Sony HD Cam: Versatile HDV camera - adjustable exposures and framerates as well as long battery life and many add ons (wide lens, etc). This peice of kit proved very useful but considering the majority of my vid is stock footage, I probably could've made it look just as good without real film... That would cause loss of marks though.

-Advanced Studio Lighting: Absolutely neccasary for lighting a green screen and character for that matter - very handy for additional effects too (strobing, pulsing, etc) although I did'nt use those.

-Green Screen: Vital again for "keying" myself of the background to apply special effect in the back and foreground. Very easy to use too (if the lighting works well of course. Mine was'nt perfect - would've used additional lights).

-Sketching Pencils + Pad: Needed to make storyboard and therefor animatic. Also important for concept art and rough designs for digipack.

-Macbook: Main peice of editing hardware for me. I borrowed this for the whole holiday and literally didnt stop working with it - great help being able to borrow. Seemingly impressive edit speeds for such a tiny thing - sounds like it's gonna take off when rendering though s-:

-G5: Used this mainly for colour keying my final cut of the video. They're extremely powerful and I kinda wished I could've somehow used them instead of the Macbooks. Unfortunately the whole film in Final Cut was stored on the Macbook and transferring would've been disastrous as if footage was lost or destroyed, 2 whole weeks of my life would have gone with it.

-Final Cut: Only editing software I used - semi-pro kit with dynamic effects and transitions. Easily allows creation of excellent scenes, allowing your imaginations to literally happen before you.

-Detonation Films: Royalty free explosion stock footage.

-Facebook: My way of getting feedback and researching inspirational practicioner's uploaded video.

-Myspace: Used similarly to Facebook exept only for research, not feedback.

-Vimeo: Uploaded final video to vimeo because copyright music infringement dos'nt apply, allowing me to put my music vid up without sound being muted out. It also has superior HD and a more artistic, comment freindly crowd.

-Youtube: Used purely for ripping footage off and clumping it into others - allowed me to create scenes that were brand new and unrecognisable to the original - copyright no longer an issue..

-Keepvid: The site used to convert Youtube FLV video files to MPEG4. Very efficient and quick.

-Blogger: Researched classmates work and vital for these pages.

-Safari: Browser used at home for searching videos and downloading their source codes.

-Firefox: Browser used at college - only one on the systems.

-Creative Cow: Excellent video making tutorial guide website - shows tutorials for editing, filming and sound design as well as special effects in prod. or post-prod.

No comments:

Post a Comment