Monday 5 October 2009

Audience Feedback

rough cut- class feedback and teacher feedback:
My class feedback was all positive, no ngatives were raised (by the students that is). Everyone loved the pace and editing - after I explained the subtle story and reference they seemed to like it more - I realised I should have put more emphasis on this throughout the film as I should'nt have had to explain it afterwards.

near finished version- Junction feedback:
The teachers and other adults at Junction all liked it a lot too but realised the hold up with stock footage, giving me trouble as found footage dosn't show of your camera shooting skills... This could be a problem with examination depending on how they look at it. I'd just like to argue that even though the footage WAS mostly found, I DID edit how it looked entirely, often layering many shots over each other to create cool effects like tidal waves, volcanic eruptions, marching armies - the stuff without many effects were ALL taken from royalty free websites without any illegalities. Explosion footage was from free explosion websites. If you think about it, the angles chosen from stock footage emulate my intentional but impossible camera angles I would've used in real life - It was ALL story boarded like that and when angles didnt fit nicely I'd look until I found ones that did.

final version of everything- facebook feedback:
My Facebook feedback was all good - everyone who saw it said how much they liked it - this is probably because they didnt know the criteria it is going to be marked for like the teachers. They didnt know that the source footage was a tough thing to mark. I suppose I should've given them the criterias, that way I'd have a broader response than "WOW THIS IS AMAZING" and "lol cool".

Facebook feedback:
The question was: "Hi guys. this is a new vid i created in the CMDiploma I'm taking - it's meant to be like an apocalyptic, early 1990's disaster/rave film... feel me? anyway, watch this and give me your feedback - just let me know what you like (or don't). Your replies are vital to make my evaluation. THANKS! x
BTW stick to awnswering these questions:
In what ways does my video remind you of other music videos?
What do you think are the strengths of my music video?
What do you think are the weaknesses?"



Their feedback wasn't at all enlightening (LAZY teens) - I mean at least they got the story but honestly, they didnt awnswer my questions at all which didnt help, all I can do is know they liked it. It was the Junction feedback next up that gives me the most intel...

Junction Feedback:
The guys at the Junction just wanted more explosions which was fine - I agreed, besides they hide poor walking loops well. When I did use more though, as I was rushed for time, they didnt look as neat as they could - hopefully I'll be able to rework them a little in my spare time...
I also applied a warming video filter to add an overall overtone of heat - making very different coloured source footage merge together more naturally. If I had more time I would've applied more colour corrections to give a more monotonous feel.
(BEFORE + AFTER):



Story-board Info:
My storyboard is very different to my actual film, you can see an animatic with shots from my storyboard posted earlier on the blog. I abandoned many of the shots used because when putting it together my moods changed for the theme - the animatic was positiv, jokey - I thought of it more as a comedy thing. When I actually began it was like that, but further in, a darker mood evolved, featuring the lightning and weaponry a lot more... The comedic values I suppose returned when the clubbing shots came in. But to be honest even that apocalyptic rave was pretty dark in itself, especially when the dancers are effectively blown into the next shot via explosions.

No comments:

Post a Comment